- Jiang, Z. and Ouyang, Y. “Reliable location of first responder stations for cooperative response to disasters.” Transportation Research Part B, 149: 20-32, 2021.
- She, R. and Ouyang, Y. “Efficiency of UAV-based last-mile delivery under congestion in low-altitude air.” Transportation Research Part C, 122: 102878, 2021.
- Liu, Q., Hu, S., Angeloudis, P., Wang, Y., Zhang, L., Yang, Q., and Li, Y. “Dynamic wireless power transfer system for electric‐powered connected and autonomous vehicle on urban road network.” IET Intelligent Transport Systems, May, 1–14, 2021.
- Demartino C., Quaranta G., Maruccio C., Pakrashi V. (2021). “Feasibility of energy harvesting from vertical pedestrian-induced vibrations of footbridges for smart monitoring applications.”, Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering.
- Gray, L., Zhao, L., and Stillwell, A. “Impacts of global climate change on urban total runoff”, Environmental Research Letters, 2021 (under review).
- Qiming Zhu, Jinhui Yan, On the significance of aeroelastic effects of low-rise roof structure in extreme wind conditions (under review)
- Qiming Zhu, Ze Zhao, Jinhui Yan, Real-time pressure prediction through physics-informed machine learning-based surrogate modeling (under review).
- Mark D. Butala and Zhizhen Zhao, “Construction of a living, integrated cybermodel of complex urban environments,” (Keynote) in Proceedings of the 2nd ZHITU Symposium on Advances in Civil Engineering, pp. 3-4, 2021
- Pesantez, Jorge E., Grace E. Wackerman, and Ashlynn S. Stillwell. (2021). “Smart Meter Data to Analyze Electricity Demand from Single- and Multi-Family Consumers in a Diverse Urban Environment.” Conference presentation at American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, December 13-17, 2021; New Orleans, LA, USA.
- Pan, L., T. Zhu, and C. Li (2021). Estimating Urban Greenspace Irrigation for 400 Cities in China:
- Implications for Urban Land Use and Water Management. AGU Fall Meeting, 13-17 December 2021, New Orleans, LA.
- Gray, L., Zhao, L., and Stillwell, A. (2021). Urban Climate Modeling to Quantify Runoff Reduction from Ground-Based Green Stormwater Infrastructure Implementation. AGU Fall Meeting, 13-17 December 2021, New Orleans, LA.
- Hu, Q., Chen, X., and Hu, S. “An optimization model for network routing and parking of shared autonomous taxis.” Accepted for presentation at the 101st Annual Meeting of Transportation Research Board, Washington DC, United States, January 9–13, 2022.
- Jiang, Z. and Ouyang, Y. “Planning of reliable targeted evacuation under the threat of disasters.” Accepted for presentation at the 101st Annual Meeting of Transportation Research Board, Washington DC, United States, January 9–13, 2022.
- Qiming Zhu, Jinhui Yan, Physics-informed machine learning for fluid-structure interaction problems. ISC 2021: International Supercomputing Conference (ISC), CFDML2021 (to appear)
- Zhou, C.Y., Xiao, D.H., Hu, J.H., Yang, Y.T., Li, B.B., Hu, S., Demartino, C., and Butala, M. (2021). “An example of digital twins for bridge monitoring and maintenance: preliminary results.” EUROSTRUCT 2021: Conference of the European Association on Quality Control of Bridges and Structures.
- Zhou, C.Y., Xiao, D.H., Hu, J.H., Yang, Y.T., Li, B.B., Hu, S., Demartino, C., and Butala, M. (2021). “Preliminary Results of Vehicle Load and Noise Estimation Using Digital Twins.” TRC2021: The transportation research congress.
Theses and dissertations
- Listrani, G. (2021). “Computer Vision for Damage Initiation and Recovery Assessment of Self-healing Concrete Structures.” Master Thesis, Politecnico di Milano & University of Illinois.
- Jiang, Z. (2021). “Resource Allocation and Pricing under Competition in Shared Mobility Markets.” Ph.D. Thesis, University of Illinois.